Sunday September 13th 2026 - Rim, Bent Rim trails RockCity State Forest - Little Valley NY (near Salamanca) - 4.6 miles, 279 feet elevation gain
Brian is in Vermont visiting his family. This left me with a weekend to fill on my own. I decided to not let the weekend to go by without getting a hike in. Little Rock City is a really interesting geologic area near Allegheny state park but not in the park. Today's pictures aren't the best because it is summer and there is so much green it doesn't give a lot of contrast to show the rock formations clearly.
I left the house pretty early so I could get there as early as possible. While it wasn't hot today, it was very humid and the trail surface was almost all wet with some puddling. There were some slippery rocks here and there and I didn't get very close to the edges of any of the drop-offs since I was already antsy being there by myself. I saw just 1 other set of people on the trail and they were on bicycles just crossing the path I was on briefly.
Despite the minimal elevation gain, I found this hike more tiring than it should have been. The scenery was good and I'm glad I went but I don't love hiking alone in places with as few people around as there were today.
Comments
Post a Comment